Pride month is finally here! While any time is the right time to support the LGBTQ+ community, Pride month is a special opportunity for allies in the wedding industry to examine how they show that support for LGBTQ+ couples they work with. There are endless ways to show your pride as an ally, but these six are a great place to start.
Center LGBTQ+ Voices
True allies make their support about the LGBTQ+ community, rather than about themselves. There is no one way to center LGBTQ+ voices, but here are a few ideas:
- Ask LGBTQ+ couples you've worked with to share their love stories on your website or social media.
- For any LGBTQ+ styled shoots you take part in, make sure the models are actually part of the LGBTQ+ community (and ideally a real couple).
- Directly ask LGBTQ+ couples what they most need from vendors to feel affirmed and then work on living up to that.
- Use photos of real LGBTQ+ couples on your website.
- If you're not LGBTQ+, don't speak on our behalf and our experiences. Elevate...